Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back to N5

I have decided to change the title of my blog to: From N5 to NC and back to N5

Why? Because I am moving to London in a month! Yes. I applied and have been accepted into Arsenal Football Club's 2009 Gap Year Program. The details of the program can be found here.

Why am I doing this? I am crazy? Aren't you getting paid?

Maybe I am crazy. But it makes a lot of sense to me!

First the foremost, I am doing this in order to spend some time with my beloved family in North London. As many of you know, my mother's side of the family lives in London and I have only been able to spend small amounts of time with them in the past. So naturally, I have been dying to get across the pond for quite some time. And with the state of both the U.S. and English economies, working was not looking likely. I enjoy working in information technology, I really do. I have a great job and work with some tremendous individuals. But my real passion is football. This program is an opportunity to possibly forge a career out of football. This is a dream opportunity for me, one I could not pass up. I figured I would go ahead and give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, I will gladly go back to my desk job. I have wanted to live in Europe for a long time. Maybe it is something I need to get out of my system, who knows. I'm trying to figure it all out here.

And if worst comes to worst. I am 23 and I have my whole life to slave away at a desk, working for the man. Haha. As a good friend of mine said, "It's all about life experiences." You only live once! Take a chance, break the mold, put your self at a little bit of risk (gasp) for a potentially great reward. I am tired of chasing safety; I am ready to chase a dream.

But I will be back in a year, I am sure. Hopefully with an accent, so I can score a sweet wife. So everyone grab a web cam and I'll meet you on Skype!

I'll make sure to eat a crumpet or two for you.

2 comments:

  1. "Score a sweet wife"?! Pffftt. I'm ready for some Skype sessions with tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirt!!! Sorry I missed your call tonight! I would call now but I have no idea if you are awake! So....I will give your a ring tomorrow (Do they say that in London?) Can't wait to catch up!
    PS- so glad you are a blogger!

    ReplyDelete